Our stone processing facility was built in 2012 and houses three new, impressive saws. With these saws we're able to meet our customers needs for a variety of custom cut stone. Our knowledgeable staff combined with our advanced equipment allows Scorpio Stone to maximize productivity and process orders faster and at a great price.
Park Industries - Python II Bridge Saw
The Python Bridge Saw is used to cut the stone slabs in the first step of processing. Designed to precisely cut through the toughest material, the Python II easily cuts slabs from 20mm thick and upwards. It can be programmed and left unattended, increasing productivity and processing efficiency.
- Saw blades diameter is 100" with a cutting depth of 42"
- 50Hp motor allowing the arbor speed to reach 216 RPM
- Superior StoneTrace mode which senses when the blade is cutting the stone and speeds up movement when not directly in the cut
- Safety sensors limit the risk of any means of failure
GMM - CNC EGIL Saw
After being cut with the Python II, the stone is processed with either our CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) Egil Saw or our B300 Bridge Saw. With the Egil we are able to turn the rough slabs processed on the Python II into usable forms. This saw is highly programmable and able to cut curves, slopes, profiles, and shapes at speed. Processed Items include carvings, copings, panels, arches, sills, pavers and tiles.
This machine operates on a 5-axis system, allowing it to pivot and move in almost any direction. It has the ability to turn the face of the saw downwards where a vacuum system is used to move the finished product to a pallet without any manual lifting, increasing productivity. Like the Python II, the Egil can also be programmed and left unattended.
- Saw blade size ranges from as small as 14" diameter for detailed work to as large as 32", with a maximum cutting depth of 12"
- Saw blades with different thickness for milling and profiling applications
- Variable RPM Setting
- Photographic technology minimizes stone waste
- Safety sensors which limit the risk of any means of failure
B300 Bridge Saw
The B300 Saw is used in conjunction with the CNC Egil Saw to turn the stone slabs processed on the Python II into usable forms. This saw maximizes cutting accuracy while minimizing material handling.
- Tilting head assembly
- Digital readout
- Pneumatic locking turntable
"we have the ability to deliver new benefits of masonry projects- chris ambrozic- president